Industry Coupon Conference Plans Agenda on Critical Issues
As couponing continues to evolve, manufacturers and retailers need to keep on top of best practices, emerging trends and technologies. These topics will be presented in April 2020 at the industry’s only annual gathering of trading partners and solution providers to focus on coupons.
The Industry Coupon Conference will take place April 21-23 at The Drake hotel in Chicago. The event will be produced and hosted by the Association of Coupon Professionals (ACP).
The conference consists of three days of content, conversations and engagement with coupon industry leaders. Content will be presented via panel discussions, case studies and research. Over 25 sessions covering all aspects of coupon efficiency and effectiveness will be presented.
A preliminary list of speakers includes:
- Jackie Broberg, President Association of Coupon Professionals and Coupon Controls and Industry Relations, General Mills
- Mary Oster, Senior Manager, Loyalty Operations, Target
- Kit Leonard, President, Brand Technologies
- Marc Mathies, Vice President, Product, Valassis
- Darcy Douglas, Director, Account Solutions, Kantar.
(Editor’s Note: Additional speakers will be published by CPGmatters as they become available.)
The topics that will be addressed in both general sessions and business function-based track sessions include:
- Universal Digital Coupons program roll-out
- Changing consumer shopping habits
- Emerging e-wallets and post transaction incentives
- Use of big data, targeting and personalization
- Optimizing the use of social media
- Best practices to maximize efficiency & effectiveness while minimizing risk
ACP officials strongly recommend that brands and retailers attend to make valuable connections that they can call on throughout the year for advice and support. By doing so, executives will feel part of a supportive, dynamic and diverse community that is passionate about coupons.
“There are a lot of decision points when developing a coupon. All these things have risk considerations. But you have to balance that with the consumer experience. You have to get it right,” said John Morgan, Executive Director of the ACP, speaking as part of a panel discussion at CPGmatters' virtual LEAD Marketing Conference.
The recent event was sponsored by Intelligent Clearing Network, which provides a Cloud-based clearing process that sits between the retailer and manufacturer. It instantly validates every field of each paper coupon barcode, eliminating the acceptance of invalid coupons.